Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
It had been the desire and prayer of the spiritual leadership of Duluth Bible Church for a period of time to see a ministry of this nature started at the Duluth Bible Church. As a result of much prayer and planning, the GIBS began its inaugural class in January of 1992. Our intent is to provide solid Biblical and practical teaching and training for those who are desirous and gifted for specialized ministry for the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Timothy 2:1-2 instructs us: “You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”
We are currently not taking applications for our onsite GIBS classes, but we are now accepting applications for GIBS ConnectED, our online learning.
If you are interested in our online learning courses, please take the time to read through the GIBS ConnectED Introductory Booklet (PDF): Download
If you would like to become a student in GIBS ConnectED, here is some information to know:
- Dates: Classes begin September 18, 2017, with applications for fall semester due by September 4th.
- Courses: Fall semester courses include: By This Name, Romans 1–5, and Pondering the Page.
- Cost: There is no charge to apply, but once you are notified of your acceptance, there is a one-time, nonrefundable $30 enrollment fee due by September 18th.
- Content: Each course will consist of students viewing prerecorded class sessions, completing worksheets and assignments corresponding to each class, participating regularly in discussion boards, and taking quizzes or tests. To get a taste of the teaching you can expect, you may watch previous GIBS classes on YouTube under “Grace Institute of Biblical Studies.”
- Course Management System: All GIBS ConnectED coursework is done online using Moodle as the learning platform or course management system. To preview just the first page of GIBS ConnectED on Moodle, you may go to: https://gibsconnected.org
GIBS ConnectED Application Form (PDF) Download
GIBS ConnectED Pastor Recommendation Form (PDF) Download
Please contact us if you have any questions.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (218) 724-5914